Summer brings the possibility of many different options for footwear. Choosing appropriate footwear for your lifestyle and needs is important. What works great for one person will not work for everyone. If you need help choosing footwear and would like to speak to a podiatrist, you can call Best Foot Doctor in New York City (NYC) to schedule an appointment. This article discusses the importance of proper summer footwear and tips on what to look for.
Things to Look For In Good Summer Footwear
There are a few things that are important to look for in a good pair of shoes.
- Well-fitting – if you are unsure of your size or it has been a while since you’ve had your feet measured, visit a quality shoe store or podiatrist to get a measurement. Experienced and well-trained staff can help you size your feet, find the right type of shoes for the activities you pursue, and make sure you have well-fitting shoes for your feet and your lifestyle.
- A good footbed – the best shoes have a supportive footbed that provides a cushion in the right areas of the foot. Look for footwear that has good arch support and cushioning. Athletic shoes are a great choice for many activities.
- Replace your shoes often – shoes wear down quickly, both from time and use. If you are walking several miles a day in your shoes or have not replaced them in several years, it would be wise to do so. Choosing high-quality, comfortable shoes can help them last longer, but even good shoes should be replaced when they are worn out.
Shoes that are appropriate for your lifestyle will help your feet stay healthier longer. Good shoes may cost more upfront than cheaper options, but they can help prevent costly foot injuries in the long run.
The Best Options for Summer Shoes
With the weather heating up and outdoor activities all the rage in the summer, sandals are a common choice for summer wear.
What to Look for In Sandals
- Supportive footbed – like any good shoe, sandals should have a good supportive footbed if they are to be worn for any length of time. Avoid wearing very flat and ill-formed shoes like flip-flops for any length of time. They may work for a quick walk to the mailbox, but we discourage wearing them for any extended walking or standing.
- Don’t wear sandals for long periods – wearing any kind of sandals for an extended period of time can be harmful to your feet. Try switching them out for sneakers or flats, depending on the situation.
- Mix up your soles – it can be tempting to wear your favorite sandals all the time, but whether they are heels, wedges, flats, or something else, changing them often can help your feet stay healthy.
How to Find a Summer Footwear Foot Doctor in Brooklyn, New York City (NYC)
If you are struggling to find a good pair of summer shoes or have more questions, you can schedule an appointment with Best Foot Doctor in Brooklyn, NYC. Our experienced staff can help with summer foot care tips, measuring feet for shoes, and other helpful ways to improve foot health this summer.