The Best Foot Doctor NY is Proud to Receive the Gold Seal of Approval from the Joint Commission on Facility Accreditation
Dr. Emmanuel Fazaylov’s offices and surgical suites at Best Foot Doctor NY are proud to announce they have received the Joint Commission’s Gold Seal of Approval® for exceptional health care quality and patient safety. Our offices are pleased to have been awarded this symbol of our devotion to the comfort, health, and safety of our patients.
What is the Joint Commission?
The Joint Commission is a national accreditation organization that oversees and inspects medical facilities across the country to ensure they meet specific high-quality standards for patient care. The stated goal of the organization is, “To continuously improve health care for the public, in collaboration with other stakeholders, by evaluating health care organizations and inspiring them to excel in providing safe and effective care of the highest quality and value.”
Each year, the organization reviews, updates, and expands its already stringent guidelines to expand safety goals for patients. They also provide extensive resources to doctors, hospitals, surgeons, and other medical facilities. This includes webinars, coursework, publications, and customized educational solutions for health care providers. Advisors are available to assist medical facilities hoping for accreditation in achieving the high-quality standards in treatment and care necessary for approval.
What is Required for Joint Commission Accreditation?
For doctors’ offices and office-based surgical practices such as Dr. Emmanuel Fuzaylov, accreditation is awarded only after having completed an extensive, on-site evaluation conducted by members of the Joint Commission’s specially trained survey team. This team assesses everything from the office’s compliance with strict medical and procedural standards to how each member of the staff performs its duties.
The accreditation remains in effect for three years if the guidelines and policies of the Joint Commission are upheld. At the end of the three years, the organization must again be evaluated to ensure it continues to meet the ever-evolving standards for patient care set forth by the Joint Commission. Laboratory accreditation is re-assessed and renewed every two years rather than every three.
What Is the Accreditation Survey Like?
The survey is not a quick or straightforward evaluation. The survey team is made up of doctors, nurses, and trained health care professionals from all levels of care. They have been specially trained to evaluate medical offices, surgical practices, clinics, and hospitals on a wide range of methods, medical standards, and knowledge.
When visiting a practice, the accreditation team will randomly select patients and use their medical records as a guideline to evaluate the quality of care provided. Patient experience will be traced from the first appointment with the attending doctor through the final treatment. They will note any necessary rehabilitation or follow-up visits to ensure complete and exceptional care is being provided every step of the way. All health care workers are also interviewed regarding their interaction with patients. In some situations, patients themselves are interviewed. This on-site survey is just the beginning of the process.
After the survey is completed, Dr. Fuzaylov’s office, Best Foot Doctor NY, will continue to work with Joint Commission Resources to continually improve quality of care. He will submit new data and evaluations to the Commission over time to verify continuing proper care and medical best practices.
What Our Office-Based Surgical Offices Provide For Patients
We are particularly proud of our accreditation as Office-Based Surgical Offices. These are medical offices where between one and four surgeons perform outpatient surgical procedures. As podiatrists, our surgeons perform outpatient surgery of the feet and ankles. The Joint Commission has accredited them for meeting the highest quality standards in surgery and patient care. With this accreditation, we can:
- Provide MRIs, CTs, and other approved imaging procedures requiring either contrast materials, sedation, or both for diagnostic purposes.
- Perform minimally invasive or minor surgical procedures in the office, preventing the necessity of a stay at a hospital and the additional costs involved with a hospital procedure.
- Administer anesthesia or moderate to deep sedation to patients prior to surgical procedures.
What Does This Mean for You as a Patient?
When you need a podiatrist for treatment of a foot or ankle issue, it’s best to work with a podiatrist who will provide you with the best possible care from the first appointment to the final treatment. If you need any surgical procedure, you want the surgery performed in an environment that is safe, comfortable, and staffed by professionals. These professionals are focused on your health and recovery every step of the way.
- Joint Commission accreditation is the patient’s way of knowing that Dr. Fuzaylov’s practice has met the highest possible standards for patient care using the latest technologies and medical knowledge.
- Joint Commission standards ensure and strengthen patient safety protocols for every procedure.
- You can be confident that you are receiving the highest quality care, service, and treatment possible, provided in surroundings that are safe, secure, and medically appropriate.
- Fuzaylov and his staff receive continuing education through the Joint Commission Resources (JCR®) via webinars, seminars, conferences, and in-office training.
- All accreditation is evaluated and provided by the Joint Commission’s team of health care professionals who are specifically matched with Dr. Fuzaylov’s offices based on their expertise as podiatrists and surgeons skilled in the same procedures he performs for his own patients.
- Fuzaylov can hire the best staff and professional health care providers possible because of his accreditation, which attracts the highest quality of personnel. Through the JCR, he is also able to offer his staff continuing development of their knowledge and skills to continually enhance the level of care provided to every patient.
- Patients are assured that all procedures performed meet national regulatory standards.
- Ensures proper insurance reimbursement and participation protocols for managed care plans for patients, allowing for affordable care at all levels.
Make the Responsible Choice with Best Foot Doctor NY
Accreditation by one of the Department of Health’s chosen medical accreditation organizations is required for in-office surgical practices in the state of New York. It is a difficult accreditation to achieve, and the Joint Commission is the most respected agency providing this service. By having your foot or ankle surgery performed at an accredited office-based surgery practice, you are supporting the maintaining of the highest health and safety standards for all patients.
But more importantly, you are protecting your health and ensuring that you will receive the highest standard of care possible throughout your treatment. There is also a guarantee that every individual who cares for you, from the nurse to the anesthesiologist and surgeon performing the procedure, have all been appropriately trained and are current on all medical best practices.
They take advantage of continuing education to provide superior standards of care to every patient. The responsible choice for your outpatient foot or ankle surgery is one of our Joint Commission Accredited surgery practices, where your health and recovery is backed by the Joint Commission’s Gold Seal of Approval.