Toenail fungus is an unsightly condition that can be embarrassing and uncomfortable. People who suffer from toenail fungus are often looking for a quick way to fix the problem and get back to normal. Unfortunately, finding a reliable foot doctor (podiatrist) in the Queens area of New York City (NYC) can be difficult, but we hope this article is helpful. Best Foot Doctor in NY offers laser therapy treatment for fungal nails and can help restore your confidence.
How Much Does Laser Treatment for Fungal Nails Cost?
Laser treatment is very effective at removing toenail fungus, but this method has pros and cons. One of the downsides to this type of treatment is the cost involved. If you are covered by insurance, you can talk to your insurance provider to see if the laser therapy is covered as part of your plan.
If you do not have insurance coverage or your insurance does not include coverage on laser treatment for toenail fungus, treatment can be expensive. Treatment costs will vary depending on the scope of treatment needed and how many nails are affected. On average, you can expect to pay anywhere from $500-1,500 for treatment, but at Best Foot Doctor the cost of laser treatment for toenail fungus is significantly less, around $300.
Can Fungal Nails Be Cured with Laser Treatment?
There is always a risk of toenail fungus reoccurring if you do not take measures to prevent picking up the disease. Laser treatment for toenail fungus can remove it, but it is always possible to pick up another infection. The following four recommendations can help prevent another bout of toenail fungus.
- Wear flip-flops or shower shoes in public areas like pools, locker rooms, and gyms, where funguses and infections often transfer from person to person.
- Always wear clean socks and shoes.
- Wear breathable, loose shoes as fungus likes a tight, warm, moist environment.
- Use foot powder to prevent moisture buildup and infections.
These tips can help your toenail fungus from reoccurring after treatment with laser therapy.
Can A Foot Doctor Remove Toenail Fungus with a Laser?
Not all podiatrists have the ability to remove toenail fungus with laser treatment. However, a foot doctor like Best Foot Doctor has a proven track record of experience removing toenail fungus with lasers. Our doctors will discuss your treatment options with you and let you know what to expect from laser treatment in advance. Some general guidelines of what to expect are the following.
- Most laser treatments are painless or almost painless. You may feel some warmth during the treatment, but most appointments kill the fungus without harming the surrounding tissue.
- Unlike surgical options, laser treatment does not require downtime for healing. You should be able to resume normal activities directly after your appointment.
- You may need more than one appointment to kill off the fungus completely. Your podiatrist will evaluate your unique condition and let you know how much treatment is required.
Find a Foot Doctor in Queens To Remove Toenail Fungus with Laser Treatment
If you are in the Queens area of New York City (NYC), the experienced staff at Best Foot Doctor is ready to help you find a solution for your toenail fungus. You can contact us today to schedule an appointment.