If you are new to the NYC area and are looking for a foot specialist, it can be daunting to decide which podiatrist is right for you. Whether you have an existing foot condition and have received a referral to see a specialist or simply want to schedule a foot checkup, we hope that this guide will give you some tools to find the best podiatrists in the NYC area. If you are located in Queens, Manhattan, or Brooklyn, Best Foot Doctor has offices in your area that are open and accept new clients.
Where to Research the Bests Podiatrists in NYC
If you don’t know where to start looking for a doctor specializing in foot and ankle medicine, here are a few places you can begin.
- Your current doctor – your primary care physician may be able to help recommend a good podiatrist. If you received a referral from a physician other than your primary care doctor, you could consult with them to find a good podiatrist.
- Online resources – while a simple web search may tell you the podiatrists available in your area, the American Board of Podiatric Medicine and the American Podiatric Medical Association may be more helpful in providing information on specific podiatrists. Both of these websites have valuable tools to narrow down your search.
- Your insurance company – more than likely, your insurance plan will have some foot specialists who are covered (in-network) and some who are not (out-of-network). You can consult with your insurance company directly to determine which podiatrists are more likely to be covered by your plan.
What to Look for in the Best Podiatrists in Manhattan, New York City (NYC)
When you have a list of podiatrists to choose from, you can use the following criteria to help you narrow down your list to find the right choice.
- Expertise – How long has this podiatrist been in practice? What do they specialize in? Many podiatrists in the NYC area will have experience in various foot conditions, but not all will offer the same areas of expertise. Best Foot Doctor has a well-rounded staff with several different areas of specialty. As a result, we are well-equipped to serve the NYC area with many foot conditions.
- References – In addition to references from doctors and your insurance company, if you know people in the NYC area who have suffered foot injuries or illnesses before, you may want to ask them which foot doctor they saw for treatment. If they had a good experience, that could help validate your choice, while a bad experience may help you think twice before trying a particular podiatrist.
- Convenience – Does the podiatrist you are considering have office hours that will work with your schedule? What does the commute look like? It is difficult to keep appointments that interfere with your regular schedule or may cause you to be stuck in traffic for many hours. Evaluating in advance if these things will work for you may save you headaches later on.
If you are having trouble choosing a podiatrist in the Queens, Brooklyn, or Manhattan areas, you can give Best Foot Doctor a call for help. We would be happy to get you scheduled for an appointment to address your concerns and get you on the road to better foot health.