Acute pain, for the most part, results from disease, inflammation, or injury to tissues. The cause of acute pain can usually be diagnosed and treated. Self-limiting. In some rare instances becoming chronic.
Chronic pain is a disease itself. Can worsen by environmental and psychological factors.
Current treatments. Each have a number of significant limitations.
- Non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs (NSAIDs) such as Motrin® or Aleve®
- Acetaminophen (such as Tylenol®)
- Narcotics: morphine or codeine
- Localized anesthetic
- Nerve blocks
- Electrical stimulation
- Physical therapy
- Relaxation techniques such as deep breathing
- Behavior modification
-Pulsed Electromagnetic Frequency (PEMF) has been available for decades.
-Innovation is miniaturizing the technology into a prescription called RecoveryRx24/7.
- No kidney, liver, or bodily harm
- No contraindications to medications.
- Reduces post-operative edema
- Promotes healing
- standalone therapy or adjunct therapy
A Randomized, Double-Blind, Placebo-Controlled Trial
The total analgesic use during the seventh postoperative day was 2.1-times lower in the active-PEMF group than in the sham group. Seven days postoperatively, patients in the active-PEMF group had better wound healing with no exudate, erythema, or edema.
We have had amazing results, especially with post-operative pain and patient satisfaction with recovery. Often patients feel no pain post-op when using RecoveryRx. I have had patients call me days after the surgery asking when the intra-operative anesthesia will wear off. Or they call to make sure I actually did the surgery.